Join the Thompson’s
Whether you’re after a seasonal position or want to join the Thompson’s Team for the long term, we’re always looking for awesome new team members at our two locations; Opotiki and Gisborne.
Read on to learn more about working at Thompson’s Horticulture or get in touch to apply today!
Why Thompson’s Horticulture?
- Experience the New Zealand countryside
- Make new friends for life
- Work outdoors, not in a factory
- Above average industry pay rates
- Full training provided
- Scholarship opportunities
- Two great locations
To apply, you will need:
- To be eligible to work in New Zealand (i.e. NZ Citizen, Permanent Resident, Work Visa or Student Visa);
- Proof of identity (i.e. passport, photo driver’s license, or other photo ID);
- An Inland Revenue (IRD) number;
- A New Zealand bank account number.
Working in New Zealand
- New Zealand/Australian Citizens and NZ Permanent Residents are allowed to work for any employer (and any industry) within New Zealand.
- NZ Work Permit/Work Visa holders – Please note that the work permit/visa will require you to meet the conditions endorsed on the visa by the New Zealand Immigration Service.
- International Students – Your student visa conditions may allow you to work for a certain number of hours within a week or during your holiday break, we might be able to arrange a job for you in our casual pool for the number of hours you can work as permitted by the New Zealand Immigration Services.
- Working Holiday Visa holders – The Working Holiday Scheme offers an opportunity for young people between 18 and 30 years of age to experience life in New Zealand on a working holiday. This scheme will allow you to work for EastPack for the entire fruit season and for some people there will be the opportunity to extend this period even further. Please note that you will need to apply for this type of visa while you are still in your own country.
For more information on the Working Holiday Scheme and to check if you are eligible, please click – Eligible Countries for Working Holiday Visa